Current employment opportunities
BOSNIAN-AUSTRIAN SECURITY SERVICES is advertising following vacancy.
Job SummaryThe Security Supervisor will be expected to manage and be accountable for the passenger search facilities in the terminal and various security check points on the airport complex. Be able to demonstrate excellent communication and co-ordination with colleagues within the project. Be able to redeploy available resources as required to meet the varying operational demands in passenger traffic levels. The post holder should be able to understand and interpret customer concerns, motives, feelings and behavior. Customers will include the client, business partners, airlines, concessionaires, control authorities, passengers and other airport departments. This will involve listening attentively, co-operating, maintaining relationships and goodwill and generating mutually acceptable outcomes in order to satisfy the needs of the client and customers, without compromising security and still be able to deliver a service of the highest quality.
- REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: Reports directly to the Terminal Security Manager.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ensure that the ICAO, (ICAA), and International Standards are met and delivered to the highest Security and Customer Service Standards achievable.
- Supervision of Avsec security guards/screeners at screening locations within the Terminal building and pre-check in area.
- Being committed to continual process improvement as a means of further enhancing the security product delivered by the client and contributes to the pre-planning process which assesses the resources likely to be required in view of anticipated traffic levels.
- Ensuring that mandatory checks are carried out and the appropriate records completed.
- Initiate the appropriate documentation for confiscation's and ensure the correct procedure is followed for the safe keeping of these articles until they are disposed of appropriately.
- Ensure that mandatory checks are carried out and the appropriate follow-up action is taken and records completed for auditing purposes.
- Supervise staff ensuring standards of behaviour are understood, monitor and assess individual's performance.
- Undertake corrective action as necessary and initiate disciplinary or complimentary action where appropriate.
- The Security Supervisor will ensure that he conducts annual appraisals of designated teams including the completion of the required quarterly performance monitoring record and ensure remedial training is identified and actioned.
- Motivate staff and provide for effective two way communication within the security department to encourage feedback and promote improvements in efficiency, effectiveness and customer service.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Undertake any ad hoc tasks including administration as may be required by the Project Manager or Terminal Security Manger.
- Aviation Security Level 2.
- At least 2 years AVSEC supervisory experience.
- Medically fit for role (Doctor Certificate required).
- Current Police Record Check.
- Ability to work with multi ethnic workforce.
- A good command of the English language, both oral and written is essential,
- Must be IT competent (including Windows/Office Applications).
- Knowledge of communications systems.
- Additional AVSEC qualifications: i.e. RFX, air cargo, CCTV.
- First Aid.
- Clean current driving license
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Have good general health, reasonable strength and no physical incapacity which would prevent them from undertaking the normal range of aviation security duties. A doctor's certificate will be required.